Sibs is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Sibs may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 12th October 2019.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address, phone no, postal address
- Demographic information such as postcode and local authority area.
- Other information relevant to Sibs’ services.
How we use your information
We may use your information to:
- Process a donation that you have made
- Process a booking form that you have submitted
- Seek your views, comments or testimonials on the services we provide
- Notify you of changes to our services
- Send you communications that you have requested and that may be of interest to you. These may include information about events, campaigns, appeals, other fundraising
- Process a grant or job application.
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory obligations (for example the collection of Gift Aid). Sibs staff have clear timescales and processes for destroying personal information once their information or support work with you has been completed. We review our retention periods for personal data on a regular basis.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online or on paper.
Links to other websites
Controlling your personal information
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you information that we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
- You may request details of personal information that we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulation May 2018. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
- We always want to keep what you say to Sibs confidential, but if we’re worried about your safety or the safety of others, we’ll talk to you about the need for other people to know. Sibs will only take action if someone’s safety is at risk.
To be reviewed May 2019