Lots of siblings are starting to go back to school this week and although it’s good to catch up with friends, things are going to feel a bit different too. This might be because
- you’re worried because your family are high risk
- your school and classrooms look and feel very different
- the staff and teachers might be wearing protective equipment
- you feel that your parent has become used to you helping out and will struggle without you
- it’s worrying using public transport
- you haven’t been able to keep up with schoolwork
If you are worrying about any of these things it’s really important that you talk to a teacher or member of school staff and ask for help. This might be
- asking if you can wear a face mask to help you feel safe
- asking for extra time with homework
- help getting a new uniform if your parent hasn’t been able to shop for you
- help finding a safe space to go to if things get too much
- asking about different transport options
It’s also really important to take care of yourself. Have a look at our pages on Mental health and wellbeing. You’ll get ideas on looking after your mental health which is really important for everyone.
Have a great start back at school and let us know how you get on.