Funds for Hull siblings and young carers to have a break
Are you a sibling or young carer under 18 living in Hull? If so, you can get funds for a short break, leisure activity or to buy something that gives you a break. These funds are from NHS Hull. Some examples of what the funds could help you with are:
- Flexible short breaks away for young carers and their families such as away days or trips out including train or bus fare.
- Cost of Young carer’s group activities – e.g. room hire entrance fees etc.
- Driving lessons / Music lessons or musical instruments.
- Someone to ‘sit in’ with or help with the person you care for (not including personal care).
- Laptop computer/internet set-up costs.
- Equipment in the home to support carer, e.g. Intercom system.
- Pamper activities, e.g. getting hair styled/ going to the gym.
- Someone to come in and help with the housework, laundry or gardening.
Find you more about how to apply by downloading the documents below