Whether you are setting up a sibling group for the first time or have been running groups for many years, this section will give you guidelines and activities to help you run your group
To give siblings the chance to do some fun food preparation together and of course to enjoy the eating. Many siblings do not get an opportunity to experiment with food and cooking at home. This often makes a nice end of group activity in the last week.
You will need to check:
- Do any children have special diets or allergies?
- Choose food that everyone can enjoy
- Will any children want to make enough to have some for their family?
Here are some ideas:
- Bring in a popcorn maker
- Make fruit punch or fruit cocktails – fruit juice, fizzy water, pieces of fruit or other decorations
- Buy some ready mix bun making kits where you add water and then bake
- Make your own pizza's – mini pizza bases and children chose their own toppings and bake
- Make your own sandwiches with fun fillings
- Bring in a blender and make milkshakes
- Create a food picture with a theme – supply lots of tasty nibbles and get each child to make a picture on a paper plate
- Decorate a cake – supply cake and decorations and the children can do the artwork
- Make a sibling group recipe book where each child writes a recipe for their favourite fun food; could then be sold to family and friends to raise funds for another group activity.